jacket condition:; Salespersons occupy a vital position in most organizations yet they tend not to hold their profession in high esteem. According to the author of this book, unless salespersons take pride in their work, they are unlikely to perform to the best of their abilities. This, in turn, is bound to affect the organization in terms of both its growth and its profit. Pingali Venugopal approaches the sales management function from the motivational dimension in order to revive the lost vocational esteem in the sales profession.
Divided into two sections, this book
- takes an integrated view of management decisions, both strategic and operational, and works out each as a motivator for the salespersons;
- emphasizes the need for managers to motivate salespersons, beyond the commonly used monetary incentives;
- highlights the importance of behavioural transactions that have to take place for a sale to be successful;
- develops a framework to integrate the sales management function with the marketing mix so that there are no overlaps; and
- stresses the need to devise appropriate training programmes for salespersons.;